If you’re looking for inspiration for the best pub, restaurant and hotel in Ireland, and want to tick these off your list in 2023, have a look at the winners of the 2022 Georgina Campbell Irish Food & Hospitality Awards.
Celebrating 24 years till date, the Georgina Campbell Awards recognise and honour Ireland’s standard-bearers in food and hospitality. In 2022, there was particular focus on “those who have maintained standards across the board in the face of post-pandemic energy and staffing crises, among many other challenges – and the brave newcomers who, against the odds, continue to delight with inspiring new businesses.”
The awards cover many aspects of Ireland’s hospitality industry – from hospitality leaders, best hotels, fine dining and seafood to casual dining favourites and the most pet-friendly destination.
These are some of the winners for 2022:
• Richard Corrigan is hailed Ireland’s Hospitality Hero
• Niall McKenna, James Street South Group, Belfast, receives the ‘Movers & Shakers’ Award
• Lignum, Co Galway is Restaurant of the Year
• Chef of the Year awarded to Garrett Byrne Campagne Restaurant Kilkenny
• Cronin’s Pub, Crosshaven, Co Cork, announced Pub of the Year
• Carbery Cottage Guest Lodge, West Cork is Ireland’s Pet Friendly Destination
• Family Friendly Hotel of the Year is Doonmore Hotel Inishbofin Co Galway
• Newcomer of the Year title goes to Alumni Kitchen Table & Rooms Co Kildare
• ‘Happy Place‘ Award for Gaz Smith, Michaels & Big Mikes, Co Dublin
• Six selected for this year’s special Casual Dining awards group