Carlow Tourism has engaged native Kathryn Thomas to be a brand ambassador for the county. Kathryn will be encouraging people to “Wander off the Track” in her home county and see all the delights that people are unaware of.
The wide-open spaces of Carlow are ideal for the current trend for outdoor experiences and water activities. To celebrate the launch of the Carlow Tourism brand, hotels and accommodation providers are offering a number of ‘Wander off the Track’ re-opening offers that will suit everyone from families to young and older holidaymakers. A full list of offers is available on www.carlowtourism.com.
For example, the Step House Hotel is a beautiful boutique four-star property and the rates are not expensive for the standard of offering. The midweek break when you take the 10% discount into consideration is good value from €144 per night for two.
Holiday experiences to enjoy in Carlow
- Guided hiking trails in the Blackstairs Mountains or Mount Leinster and leisure walks along the scenic Barrow Way.
- A variety of boat trips along the River Barrow to relax and spot local wildlife such as kingfishers, otters and dragonflies
- Jump on the growing trend for water activities with kayaking, canoeing or paddle-boarding on offer including ‘splash and dash’ trips through rapids and weirs!
- Support the Arts – attend one of many events and exhibitions taking place in VISUAL arts centre and the former Braun factory as part of Carlow Arts Festival which runs from June 4th – 13th.
- Play a round of golf, cycle along the Barrow Way or enjoy and roam the county’s many impressive gardens and historic houses.
The ‘Wander off the Track’ brand, developed in partnership with brand agency TOTEM, ties in and will benefit from Fáilte Ireland’s ‘Keep Discovering’ national promotion. The promotion is set to invest €4 million across the regions over the summer and into the autumn months.