Cork is renowned for it’s vibrant and lively pub scene but what do the locals think is the best pub in Cork? This week travel2ireland’s Maria & Paul ventured down to ‘The Real Capital’ to ask some of the locals that very question, below are some of the recommendation’s the guys received and some of the reasons as to why these pubs are amongst the best in Cork.
Dwyers of Cork:
- Located in the heart of Cork City, Dwyers is a historic pub with a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- They often feature live music, making it a popular spot for those seeking traditional Irish tunes.
- Dwyers offers a wide selection of drinks, and their friendly staff adds to the overall experience.
Dan Lowrey’s Tavern:
- Dan Lowrey’s is a classic Irish pub known for its cozy setting and traditional decor.
- The pub offers a great range of Irish and international beers, making it a favorite among beer enthusiasts.
- Patrons appreciate the laid-back ambiance and friendly conversations with locals.
Old Oak Pub:
- Old Oak Pub is famous for its craft beer selection, featuring a variety of local and international brews.
- The pub often hosts events like trivia nights and themed parties, making it a fun destination for both locals and tourists.
- Its historic setting and friendly staff make it a unique and enjoyable place to unwind.
- Clancy’s is a lively and popular pub located in the heart of Cork, attracting a diverse crowd.
- Live music and traditional Irish sessions are common here, providing an authentic Irish pub experience.
- It’s a great place to enjoy a pint and soak up the local culture.
- Le Château offers a unique twist on the traditional Irish pub, with a French-inspired ambiance and menu.
- It’s a charming spot for those looking for something different and perhaps a taste of France in Cork.
- Patrons enjoy the fusion of Irish and French elements in both the food and drink options.
Joshua Tree Bar:
- Named after the iconic U2 album, Joshua Tree Bar is a music-themed pub in Cork.
- It’s known for its dedication to live music and often hosts local bands and solo artists.
- If you’re a fan of U2 or simply enjoy a lively atmosphere, this pub is a must-visit.
- These recommendations from the locals reflect the diversity and rich pub culture that Cork has to offer. Each of these pubs has its own unique charm and character, ensuring that there’s something for everyone in the city’s pub scene.