Dublin’s favourite food festival returns next week from 1 – 5 September inclusive and there is an extra day this year. Here are the Top Five Things to Do at the Taste of Dublin and some menus suggestions to make your mouth water.
See your favourite chefs at the Taste Theatre in partnership with Compass Ireland: Whether you want to see Rachel Allen open the event on Wednesday1 September, watch Jess Murphy of Kai Galway do her thing on Friday3 September at 1.30pm or see JP McMahon cook up a storm on Sunday 5 September – the line up is jampacked with the very best Irish culinary talent.
Eat the most delicious food: We are already salivating at some of the incredible dishes the Taste restaurants have created; check out the menu highlights below and start planning your day of must-try dishes.
Sip your favourite drink in the late summer sunshine: Grab a cocktail from Schweppes or an ice cold can of Topo Chico and relax in the gourmet atmosphere. If a cocktail isn’t what you’re after, head over to The Hop House and take up a spot in one of their pub-like snugs where there’ll be for hoppin’ vibes and tasty pints.
Treat yourself like a VIP for the day: Soak up Taste in all its glory in the Fercullen Irish Whiskey VIP Garden as the perfect way to mark the end of summer.
Enjoy the very best entertainment: Taste of Dublin has got live entertainment all wrapped up with music from acts including Spring Break, The Swing Cats, Qween and new for 2021 they’ve added comedy each evening and a sprinkle of culture with Culture Vultures on the Food for Thought with Regina XXL stage along with bite sized theatre from Gaiety School of Acting.
Taste 2021 menu highlights from each restaurant menu:
1. Hawker by Hang Dai (Sat & Sun) – Chinese street food – Pork & Soy Dumplings & their infamous Prawn Toast
2. Naughty Neighbour by Daniel Hannigan – New food concept – Beef and Guinness Doughnut with Parmesan Mayonnaise
3. Bahay – Filipino – Glazed Filipino BBQ Ribs with Banana Ketchup, Garlic, Soy Glaze
4. The Port House – Tapas & Wine Bar- Empanadillas – Galician Fried Pasties – €6 for 2
5. Three Twenty Ice cream – Liquid nitrogen ice cream – Salted Caramel Brownie
6. King Sitric – Oyster bar – Rock Oysters (Three) from Kelly Oysters Co. Galway, served with a choice of Au Natural/ Lemon & Tabasco/ Red wine vinegar shallots and parsley/ Gunpowder Gin & Tonic with Grapefruit/ Torched with Bacon
7. The Salty Buoy – Seafood – Try their infamous Fish Kiev
8. Bites by Kwanghi (Wed-Fri) – Chinese street food – Chicken in Honey, Ginger, Soya Jasmine Rice Pot, Shiitake, Mushroom, Chinese Pickled Greens, Sichuan Dressing
9. Just Announced: Los Chicanos Tacos
Tickets are on sale now Taste of Dublin. Prices start from €20 per session plus booking fee. The first session is from noon Wednesday 1 September to last session 7.30pm , Sunday 5 September, 2021.