The anticipation for the 2023 Ryder Cup is reaching a fever pitch among golf enthusiasts worldwide. Set to take place from September 25th to October 1st at the stunning Marco Simone Golf & Country Club in Rome, Italy, this event promises to be a golfing spectacle like no other. The Marco Simone Golf & Country Club, meticulously renewed to host this prestigious tournament, offers a breathtaking backdrop of 350 acres of Roman countryside, complete with a meticulously restored 11th Century castle. The course’s rolling fairways and undulating greens are poised to challenge the physical and mental prowess of both European and American golfers. If you are looking for some of the best pubs across Ireland to catch the action, fear not as travel2ireland have got you covered with 5 of the very best!
1. The Harbour Bar (Royal Portrush, Northern Ireland)
- The Harbour Bar is a well-known establishment located in Royal Portrush, which is home to the Royal Portrush Golf Club.
- This historic pub offers a friendly atmosphere and is an excellent place to enjoy a pint of Guinness while watching the Ryder Cup.
2. The Spaniard (Kinsale, County Cork):
- Kinsale is a picturesque coastal town in County Cork, and The Spaniard is a popular pub in the heart of the town.
- The Spaniard is known for its cozy atmosphere and diverse selection of drinks, making it a great spot to catch the Ryder Cup action.
3. Ashton’s (Clonskeagh, County Dublin):
- Ashton’s in Clonskeagh offers a vibrant and lively atmosphere that’s perfect for watching the Ryder Cup. You can soak in the excitement of the tournament surrounded by fellow golf enthusiasts, enhancing the overall viewing experience.
- Ashton’s is renowned for its excellent food and drink options. Whether you’re looking for traditional Irish pub or a wide selection of beverages, you can enjoy top-notch refreshments while following the thrilling Ryder Cup action at this establishment.
4. Gibney’s (Malahide, County Dublin):
- Portmarnock Golf Club is a renowned links course near Dublin. Gibney’s is a popular pub in the nearby town of Malahide.
- Gibney’s is a traditional Irish pub with a welcoming atmosphere, making it a great spot to catch the Ryder Cup action.
5. J.M. Reidy’s (Killarney, County Kerry):
- Killarney Golf & Fishing Club is set in the stunning Killarney National Park. J.M. Reidy’s is a lively pub located in Killarney town.
- J.M. Reidy’s is known for its live music and sports screenings, providing an ideal atmosphere to watch the Ryder Cup while savoring the Irish charm.