National Gallery of Ireland – A Renaissance Masterpiece Returns
Last week the National Gallery of Ireland unveiled Lavinia Fontana’s lavish painting The Visit of the Queen of Sheba to King Solomon following two years of conservation and research funded by the Bank of America Art Conservation Project. See it in a new, free display on level 2, alongside a newly acquired painting by Elisabetta Sirani.
The Book of Morman Touches Down in Dublin
The Book of Morman Musical is finally touching down in Ireland after being rescheduled from 19 December 2020 – 3 January 2021 to 3 November – 4 December 2021.
The Book of Mormon is a multiple-time Tony, Olivier and Grammy award-winning show, written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone who are the creators of Emmy and Peabody award-winning television show South Park alongside Robert Lopez who is one of only fifteen artists to previously win all four major entertainment awards – Emmy®, Grammy®, Oscar® and Tony® Awards.
The Book of Mormon follows a pair of Mormon boys sent on a mission to a place that’s a long way from their home in Salt Lake City.
Ireland Autumn Internationals
Ireland will face Japan, New Zealand and Argentina during the 2021 Autumn Internationals.
The fixtures with the Brave Blossoms, All Blacks and Pumas will take place at the Aviva Stadium during November.
Ireland had been due to face the USA Eagles in Las Vegas during October, but that fixture is cancelled due to ongoing border restrictions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
U2 Walking Tour of Dublin
Combining U2’s history and local Dublin history, the Dubliner Tour Guide will take you through the places that shaped U2 and their music.
About This Event
- Take a walk, for 2.30 hours, with our Dubliner Tour Guide to See the places that shaped U2 and their music.
- Meeting point the Gaiety Theatre at 12pm.
- You will learn how was the city of Dublin when the U2 band members were growing up.
- See Where U2 Recorded some of their songs and video clips.
- Grab a Coffee, included with your Ticket, in The Hot Donut, (O’Connell Street).
This U2’s Dublin Walking tour is for you if you are interested in music and the history of Dublin, the hometown of all the members and where everything started.
Paint & Sip at Zambrero Hatch Street
DSC’s Paint and Sip experience will be a fun-packed event that’ll combine: Paint, Drinks, Snacks, Music, Fun and Burritos. As long as you’re into at least two of the five aforementioned, you’ll be in for a treat.
All you need to do is bring your creative selves. All the painting tools, drinks, snacks, and entertainment will be provided. Invite your friends or go and make new ones.
Drinks will be unlimited for the first two hours and available thereafter until we run out.
Spaces are limited so make sure to pick up your tickets as soon as possible.
This event is being run in collaboration with Zambrero.
What your ticket includes:
- All art equipment (apron, easel, paints, paintbrushes plus a canvas that you get to take home with you!)
- Step by step instruction from an artist
- Bottomless Drinks: Prosecco or Punch (or non-alcoholic Punch if you prefer)
- Charcuterie (Cheese) Board
- Cupcakes from Nectar and Ambrosia Cakes.
- Burritos provided by Zambrero.